Build resilient and stable global industrial and supply chains
Strengthening the resilience and stability of global industrial and supply chains could help support economic recovery of all countries, ensure the smooth running of the world economy and improve the wellbeing of humanity. In this regard, the People’s Republic of China, the Republic of Chile, the Republic of Cuba, the Republic of Indonesia as G20 presidency in 2022, the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, and the Republic of Serbia jointly propose the Initiative of International Cooperation on Resilient and Stable Industrial and Supply Chains, with the support by the Republic of Argentina, as follows.
We are committed to combining efforts with other countries to build resilient and stable global industrial and supply chains, aiming at a community of shared future for global development to address common risks and challenges. In this regard, our efforts include, but are not limited to:
1. Endeavour to promote openness and inclusiveness, maintain the rules-based multilateral trading system with the World Trade Organization as the cornerstone, contribute to strengthening the security of global industrial and supply chains, and jointly foster a fair, open and predictable market environment for global specialization and cooperation.
2. Endeavour to deepen technological innovation and cooperation, focus on the trend of technological development, and encourage businesses in various countries to jointly work on technological cooperation, research and development in every part of innovation and value chains at every level, in a shared effort to promote technological progress and industrial development.
3. Encourage green production and lifestyle, promote green technologies, processes and products to be applied across the board, and endeavour to jointly build green and low-carbon industrial and supply chains, to address a range of challenges confronting humanity, such as climate change, environmental pollution and resource scarcity.
4. Explore opportunities presented by digital economy and technologies, leverage the significant role that the next-generation information technologies are playing in driving industrial upgrading and economic recovery, bolster innovation and application of new technologies, contribute to strengthen cooperation on industrial ecology, strive to accelerate the digitalization, network and intelligence of industries, and reform the mode of production.
5. Promote better use of the planet’s resources by key industries, such as integrated circuits, new energies and biomedicine, and strive to support businesses in coordination and cooperation between the upstream and downstream parts of an industrial chain, in a joint endeavour to ensure sustainable supply in key areas.
6. Promote logistics infrastructure, endeavour to increase energy efficiency of ports around the world, strive to enhance cross-border rail connectivity and to improve international air freight and delivery logistics, promote capacity expansion and upgrading at borders and ports of entry, and make an effort to address choke points in current logistics and transportation, to ensure logistics and transportation throughout supply chains unimpeded.
7. Endeavour to reduce cost and increase quality and efficiency for logistics, encourage international logistics businesses to facilitate coordination, promote the interconnection and sharing of international logistics information, contribute to the development and mutual recognition of international standards and rules for logistics and supply chains, and strive to facilitate customs clearance at ports of entry, to ensure efficient operations of supply chains.
8. Consider the dominant role of businesses in the market, and encourage countries to take into account new challenges confronting businesses and endeavour to provide targeted policy support and skills training in their respective post-pandemic recovery plans, so as to better integrate themselves into global industrial and supply chains.
We ask all countries to join us in an equitable, inclusive and constructive partnership for industrial and supply chains, in a bid to jointly build a beautiful and prosperous world.